PT Petrosea Tbk has been designing, building and mining in all corners of Indonesia since 1972 and today is recognized as one of Indonesia's leading engineering, construction and mining contractors. Thanks to the imagination and commitment of more than 1877 staff, Petrosea has secured a growing portfolio of projects throughout Indonesia and the region.
Our strategic shareholder and partner, Clough Limited (ASX:CLO) provides Petrosea with access and support to world class management and project delivery systems which allows Petrosea to deliver international excellence to the Indonesian market.
We are currently taking applicants for the following Jakarta based positions:
SENIOR MINING ESTIMATOR
§ S1 (BS) Degree in Mining Engineering from a recognized university.
Applicant should have:
1. Having 8 - 10 years experience as Mining Engineer and clearly understanding of first principal of estimating.
2. Hands-on experience and demonstrable skill in tendering for mining, infrastructure or general construction sectors of the engineering and construction industry.
3. Proficiency in the use of Excel and Word and other mainstream computer tools.
· Preparation of tenders / business proposals for new mining work and participate in the review process.
· Compilation of historical cost and production data collated from the various mining projects providing accuracy for estimates.
· Attend site visit and prepare detailed report of existing local conditions, available facilities and technical capabilities.
· Compile and maintain vendor / sub contractor database.
· Ensures the Estimate Basis is “Current Cost” by utilizing the labor and staff rates prepared by the Estimating Manager and all material prices are from current quotations.
· Assist Bid Manager with the preparation of a list of commercial and technical clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
· Assist Bid Manager in completing Client’s pricing and technical tender schedules.
· From Time to time work as Bid Manager.
· Facilitate conversion of tender bids into the project budget in conjunction with the Project Manager.
· Coach and mentor of technical support staff to understand and manage the technical implications within contracts.
· Retain a professional and impartial approach in resolving internal disputes and conflicting priorities within the mining division.
1. Proficiency in English as communication skills, both verbal and written.
2. Preferable to have worked with world class international companies.
3. Hard worker, honest, self motivated, ability to priorities work and can work under pressure.
4. Capability to achieve project schedule and working overtime (if required).
5. Willingness to support all team members as part of team work.
6. May require travel to project sites within Indonesia from time to time for short durations.
We offer our staff a challenging and innovative work environment and an attractive salary package will be negotiated to ensure a high caliber appointment. To apply for this position, please forward your application together with a detailed resume including recent color photograph, and quoting in email subject: Senior Mining Estimator, to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format or PDF, not more than 350kb, latest by April 05 th, 2008.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview