The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005. We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Ref Code: EAA)
Based in Banda Aceh
Purpose of the Post:
The Executive Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative assistance to Canadian Red Cross Country representative and Deputy Country Representative.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Draft routine correspondence/
· Conduct research and analyses as required;
· Translate letters and documents into English and Bahasa Indonesia;
· Develops and maintains a filing system with master index;
· Maintains the appointment diaries;
· Organizes travel and meetings;
· Prepares cash advance requests and expense claim forms;
· Takes minutes of meetings in English;
· Performs administrative duties such as photo-copying, scanning, preparing power point presentations.
Qualifications and experience required
· Diploma in English studies and/or Business Administration preferred;
· At least 6 years of directly related experience;
· Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia;
· Fluency in Achnese would be a definite asset;
· Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work;
· Self starter with initiative to undertake work with minimal supervision;
· Experience in the Red Cross Movement and/or with other NGO's would be an advantage;
· Team player;
· Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point.
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment.