The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improvetheir quality of life. We are looking for qualified and committed
candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
Deputy Field Area Manager
Minimum required knowledge & experience:)
* Master Degree in social sciences or other relevant fields; 3 years of
project management in a supervisory position, preferably in community
* Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and International
level English. Fluency in Acehnese an asset;
* Community experience and relationship building skills, analytical skill
Standard function description.
Assist in the implementation and running of the project/program of Lamno
* Assisting in the implementation and running of CRC Projects/
program In Lamno
* Work with and provides support to the team of Community Engagement
Officers working with Beneficiary communities.
* Support the coordinator of CRC activities with other Red Cross
Societies, local and Foreign NGO's and local government (Include
* Facilitating relationship building and communication between CRC
and village leaders as well as community members.
* Providing recommendations and inputs for program planning,
development, and implementation of activities.
* Substituting the field Manager when she/he is absent.
* Participating in supervision, monitoring and data analysis.
* Assisting in follow up of quarterly work plan.
* Proposing solutions and improvements concerning the progress of
* Assisting Field Manager in reporting
* Attending CRC technical meetings
* Providing technical support for CRC positioning (strategy,
* Supporting the Environmental Health (EH) Program.
* Supporting the Puga Gampong (PG) program
* Supporting ICBRR program
* Supporting the coordination with PMI, particularly referring to
the ICBRR program.
* Assisting the Field Manager in supervising the financial report
and budget allocation
* Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in Indonesia
* Respects and observes the code of conduct of the CRC in Indonesia
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in
this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
Applications should be sent to <mailto:email@example.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment
should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential
Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by Friday,
14 August 2009. Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations