United Nations World Food Programme Indonesia
Vacancy Announcement 09/INS/JAK/VAM/025
World Food Programme, Indonesiainvites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: National Programme Officer (M&E)
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement/Service Contract
Duration: 6 months with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Accountabilities: Within assigned Country Office, under the direct supervision of the Head of Technical Support & VAM Unit, the NPO will be responsible for the following duties:
* Perform analysis of monitoring data in the database, informing
the management and programme staff to take appropriate action, as
* Produce a quarterly M&E bulletins from the database;
* Provide quantitative data on monitoring outputs to annual and donors’
reports, SPR, briefing, funding proposals;
* Provide M&E training, database training to WFP staff and stakeholders;
* Assist WFP offices and colleagues in monitoring, as required;
* Compile the monitoring frequency and % ( plan vs. actual) by activity
and by office;
* Check quality of Monitoring Check list (form I) in the database, and
inform of its quality;
* Maintain country wide records of monthly monitoring plans vs. actual by
* Maintain proper documentation on all other M&E related materials;
* Update RBM tool kit and programme Logframe;
* Update latest M&E developments with Regional office and HQ;
* Provide inputs for compilation and finalization of the CO work plan in
consultation with Management and Heads of Units;
* Act as CO M&E focal point;
* Assist the supervisor in preparing ToR for programme evaluation or
surveys, and supervising the field work of hired vendors, as required;
* Review and check quality of translated versions (English and Bahasa
Indonesia) of related documents;
* Supervise a Programme Assistant – IT;
* Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education:University degree and/or equivalent experience with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, agriculture, international affairs, business administration, social sciences, development studies or a field relevant to international development assistance.
Experience:At least one year postgraduate job related experience in commerce, development, administration or food aid support.
Knowledge:Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and system. Good analytical skills. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Language:Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV (in English), a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 6 August 2009. Please state the title of the post in the email subject.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”