Field Installation Technician
This position is responsible for the installation, test and commissioning of the company¢s VSAT, microwave, two way radio communications system located at customer sites including offshore oil production platforms, drilling rigs, marine vessels, and other remote locations.
1. Associate degree in electronic/engineer
2. Factory or manufacturer training certificates are a plus.
3. At least four years experience with radio frequency communication systems, microwave, satellite technologies and/or equivalent work experience is required.
4. Overseas work experience is a plus.
5. Knowledge of computer networking system and components is important.
6. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Knowledge of Cisco routers, digital multiplexers, satellite modems and radios, media converters, fiber, up/down converters, telephony and stabilized antennas.
8. Ability to learn new products and technologies with little formal training.
9. Ability to handle high levels of stress and workload.
10. Ability to plan jobs, procure materials and install communications systems with minimal supervision oversight.
11. Possess satisfactory written and verbal communications and decision-making abilities.
12. Must be able to lift 75 lbs (34 kg) and possess the ability to climb structures as required on land and offshore locations to install communications cabling and antenna systems.
13. Travel is required including driving to land sites and boat or helicopter to offshore sites.
14. Skilled in proper usage of a variety of hand tools.
15. Valid driver¢s license is a plus.
16. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to use the computer, type and use a mouse and dial telephone. The ability to speak clearly and intelligibly and to hear and understand voice conversations via a telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
17. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and risk of Radio Frequency radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Monitors data communications network to ensure that network is available to all system users and resolves data communications problems by performing the following duties.
1. Associate degree (A.A) in electronic, engineering, telecommunications or networking or equivalent from two year college, or technical school is preferred.
2. Minimum 2-4 years related experience in engineering, installation, operations or troubleshooting in satellite, microwave, and data networking. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
3. The ability to speak, read and write English proficiently in necessary. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and professional correspondence. Ability to speak and listen effectively with customers, service providers and other personnel on the telephone.
4. Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms and decibels. Ability to determination of test reliability and validity and analysis of variance.
5. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form such as charts, graphs, flow chart and network diagrams and deal with several variables.
6. Computer and Networking Skills: Experience with network management systems is desired; knowledgeable in the operation, integration, and testing of satellite, data, and voice and RF based EF Data, Anacom, Codan, Cisco, SeaTel, iDirect; knowledge of frame relay, TCP/IP and VoIP is desired; proven experience in troubleshooting skills on RF equipment, telephony equipment including channel banks, digital cross connects, and the T-1/E-1 carrier systems; proven experience with test equipment such as BERT tester, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzer, volt meter, antenna pointing tools, etc; to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer; knowledge of Nagios, MRTG, iMonitor is preferred. (Note: HP OpenView Service Desk, system, networking configuration skills, dial up and LAN adapter settings as well as moderate computer skills required.
7. Certifications such as CCNA are a plus.
8. The Network Operations Center is staffed 24 hours a day. Shift work is required. All employees must be available to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
Closing date: 31 Januari 2008
High Management Consultant (HMC)
Jl.Ampera III no.25, Kemang
Jakarta Selatan 12550
Ph. (021) 789 2012 / 9822 5937
Fax. (021) 789 2124