CARDI, an international NGO consortium providing support to persons affected by conflict and natural disaster is looking for qualified national candidates to fill in position:
Operation Manager - to be based in Calang, NAD (Code : OM - CL)
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, Operation Manager is responsible for the development and guidance of the Finance, Administrative and Logistic Departments including providing day-to-day management of the Calang Field officeTeam. This person will work closely with the Field Coordinator, Banda Aceh Technical support teams and the Administrative,
Finance and Logistic Officers this includes transport, warehousing and procurement, to ensure smooth day to day operations of the office and implementation/compliance with CARDI polices and procedures and Indonesianlaws.
* Ensure teams are properly trained and using required policy/procedures for administrative, logistics & financial systems in accordance with CARDI policy and procedures.
* Ensure compliance with CARDI strategy, policies, procedures and Indonesian national laws and labour polices.
* Assist managers and management to foster and facilitate the development of respectful, cooperative professional relations and workplace environment
* Develop effective relations with required government institutions, and other international agencies to facilitate smooth labour and organizational relationships.
* Liaise and work with all CARDI teams in Banda Aceh Provincial office to ensure a functioning and well maintained office.
* Regularly consult with the Field Coordinator and Banda Aceh Technical support teams (Finance, Admin, Logistics) on matters of significance to the staff and administrative operations
* Directly supervise Calang Field office finance, administration and logistic units; ensuring effective planning, reporting and promoting responsiveness to the needs and support of management to the program teams.
* Monitor output and performance of administrative staff/units staff in Calang field office and provide guidance, training and support to improve compliance with policy and procedures, effectiveness and efficiency
* Meet regularly with related local officials/ministrie
* Ensure Maintenance of a central filing system ensuring archiving of official documents, administrative and financial resource files
* Work with Field Coordinator to develop and implement active strategy to delegate management responsibility to national staff
* Provides information and monthly report to CARDI Administration, Logistics, and Finance Departments and submit to Banda Aceh Office as requested to ensure smooth operations
HR & Administration
* Supervise the Administrative officer to ensure day to day administrative activities are carried out and the office is functioning smoothly
* Ensure all national staff polices, job classifications, salary scales, staff development plans are implemented correctly.
* Directly handle senior staff recruitment, disciplinary procedures and resolution of staff disputes; including as necessary directly working with Banda Aceh Technical Support team.
* Foster and maintain team building and interest in professional development among CARDI staff.
* Plan and oversee the timely orientation of newly arrived national and international staff
* Ensure mangers and offices receive regular reports on staff, recruitment activities, contract status and provide direction-support to ensure timely evaluations, vacation planning etc
* Oversee the payroll, tax and benefit processing and payment processes for Calang national staff
* As required/requested liaise with CARDI Banda Aceh on staff issues
* Supervise the Finance Officer to ensure day to day financial duties are carried out
* As required prepare or approve purchase and payment requests, following CARDI procurement and finance procedures.
* Work closely with finance on charging of staff and related expenses; ensuring payroll and administrative systems are updated and maintained to reflect current allowable grant information
* Work closely with the Finance Banda Aceh to ensure internal controls are implemented and maintained in relation to payroll processing and other disbursements; including performing the review, and department sign-off on the monthly payroll and tax payments if necessary
* Supervise the Compound and Warehouse officer to ensure day to day functioning & maintenance of the compound
* Implement a procurement system in compliance with CARDI policies and procedures
* Work with Compound and ware house officer to ensure security is maintained and security procedures/policies are followed; aid in the implementation of security training to staff
* Supervise the Compound and warehouse officer and work closely with the Logistic Manager to ensure smooth day to day operations and implementation/
* Oversee a list of honest and reliable (accredited) suppliers.
* Ensure price list and quotes are submitted quarterly to Departments Managers and Logistics Manager in Banda Aceh.
* Oversee management of transport fleet. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program / departments in an efficient manner
* Ensure proper tracking of all CARDI assets including maintenance of asset listing. Responsible for management of the assets movement from Calang and to Banda Aceh
* Responsible for asset data entry within the Logistics department for the Calang office.
* Establish maintenance systems and procedures for assets.
* Perform quarterly physical check of assets and distribute asset reports.
* Update the Logistics Manager on asset transfer/disposal
* University education, management, human resources or related field.
* Minimum 3 years administration and/or human resource management in international relief/development activities.
* Excellent personal interaction and communication skills; able to act and speak diplomatically when dealing with staff conflicts or disciplinary processes
* Good organizational, personal interaction, communication skills and time management skill; able to act and speak diplomatically when dealing with staff conflicts or disciplinary processes
* Experience training and developing staff; excellent team building skills
* Familiarity with Indonesian Labor Law; Taxes and Jamsotek is a plus
* Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural work environment
* Strong English language writing and oral skills
* Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail)
Additional qualities a successful candidate should possess:
* Ability to improvise and take initiative
* Flexibility: creative thinker -- able to "think outside the box."
* Willing to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities when needed
* To be able to use initiative and make appropriate decisions;
* Highly responsible, reliable, honest and punctual;
* Must be flexible to adapt to changing requirements;
* Strong task management skills including attention to detail
* Good negotiation and reporting skills
Application should include a detailed CV and cover letter to be submitted by e-mail to recruitment@
Please put the code of position applied in the subject of your e-mail. No
phone calls contact. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.