AJI (The Alliance of Independent Journalists) Indonesia, member of International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and co-founder Southeast Asia Press Alliance (SEAPA), International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX) are looking for suitable candidate for position of :
1. General Program Officer
· Implementing several programs (jurnalism training, setting up and following up for media network, workshop, advocacy, support group for journalist )
· Managing budget for program implementation
· Coordinating with local staff
· Monitoring and evaluating program
· Responsible for progress and final report
· Taking a consultancy support for local staff
· Building up a relationship with local journalists and related institutions
Location : Jakarta
Contract : 1 year (extendable – due to 6 month probation period)
· Minimum Bachelor Degree of Law
· Experienced in managing budget for program
· Having sense of motivating and high iniciative
· Having experience in non government organization minimum 1 year
· Experienced in managing for media network
· Experienced in managing people as team work
· Having knowledge of operating PC : Ms Office & Internet
· Willingness to travel around Indonesia
· Fluency in English (writing and speaking)
2. Program Coordinator
1. Minimum 3 years experience in managing community programs and projects.
2. Experience in and strong understanding of managing development aid projects. This includes needs assessment; project design/proposal; developing and implementing work plans and agreements; monitoring, evaluation and reporting; and budgets.
2. Experience in developing strategies and program planning.
3. Experience in managing personnel.
4. Experience in working closely with local partner organizations.
5. Fluency in English, particularly writing and speaking.
6. Strong people skills with demonstrated ability to undertake negotiations, and with the ability to network effectively.
7. Experience in managing an office environment with conflicting deadlines/prioritie
8. Understanding of, and commitment to, trade union principles.
9. Well developed computer skills, including ability to use Word, Excel and familiarity with program system.
1. Work experience in a developing programs in the following media priority program areas: vocational education and training, labour rights, capacity building of community organizations.
2. Experience working in and International or Local NGO.
3. Tertiary qualifications in one of the following: adult education, community development, gender, politics, geography, public health, economics, agriculture, anthropology, linguistic, environment, international development.
Latest colored photo size 3 x 4cm
Please send your complete resume and attachments to :
Make sure that your application letter will be received not until February 20 2008. Only qualified shorted candidates will be notified