VACANCY LOCAL JUNIOR EXPERT (LJE)
European Higher Education Fair - Asia-Link Symposium, Indonesia 2008
The European Commission (EuropeAid Co-operation Office) has contracted a consortium comprising CampusFrance, DAAD, Nuffic and British Council to organise a series of European Higher Education Fairs (EHEF) and Asia Link Symposiums (ALS) in seven Asian countries (China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) over the 2006-2008 period.
Within the scope of this contract, the consortium will organise, promote and implement a European Higher Education Fair, offering European higher education institutions the possibility to promote study opportunities to prospective students in Indonesia, and an Asia-Link Symposium, which will provide a regional platform for information and experience-sharing in the field of higher education cooperation between representatives from European and Asian institutions. The EHEF and the ALS Indonesia will take place in Jakarta, in October/November, 2008.
To organise, prepare and implement the EHEF and the ALS in Jakarta, Indonesia , the consortium will recruit a Local Junior Expert (LJE) for 9 months from March 2008 onwards.
The LJE will be involved during the preparatory activities until the final reporting stage of the EHEF and the ALS and will work in the EHEF project office/Project Implementation Unit (PIU) which will be located in the premises of the Nuffic-Neso Indonesia office, Menara Jamsostek, 20th floor, Jalan Gatot Subroto 38, Jakarta.
• Extensive experience of managing similar projects in the higher education sector in Indonesia
• Good network of local contacts (Ministry of National Education, Universities, etc)
• Familiarity with higher education systems in Indonesia and in the EU
• Fluency in Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) and English (written and spoken)
• Sense of initiative
• Excellent social and intercultural skills
• Minimum of undergraduate degree
• Experience of studying in the EU
• Knowledge of another European language, particularly German, Dutch or French, will be an advantage.
• To organise and manage EHEF and ALS activities in Jakarta as defined by the Project
Management Unit (PMU) and Project Implementation Unit (PIU)
• To keep the PMU and PIU informed of progress and of any potential
• To ensure the smooth running of the local Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and manage the input
of administrative support staff
- To launch the required tenders
• To liaise with local authorities, institutions, organisations and companies
• To ensure that EHEF web-site for Indonesia is updated with latest information
- To carry out any other duty which deemed necessary for a smooth organization and
implementation of the EHEF Indonesia and the ALS
The LJE will have to refer to the PMU and PIU that have been set up to coordinate the project implementation. The PMU is based in Europe and is responsible for managing, monitoring and evaluating the organisation, promotion and implementation of the EHEFs and the ALS. The PIU is based in the NESO office in Jakarta. Members of the PMU in Europe will be in constant contact with the PIU in Jakartamainly via email and telephone over the Internet and where necessary via videoconferencing or regular telephone. The key experts will also visit Jakarta regularly to discuss project organisation with the PIU office and Local Junior Expert.
The LJE will also have to work in close collaboration with the Delegation of the European Commission to Indonesia.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by 22 February 2008 to: recruitment@ nesoindonesia. or.id and please write LJE as the subject of your email
More information visit: www.ehefs.org
Selasa, Februari 12, 2008
VACANCY LOCAL JUNIOR EXPERT (LJE)